Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What could this be?

(3 Posts)
user1485196412 Thu 05-Oct-17 10:45:33

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any ideas as I'm beginning to worry. My husband has had pain for about 2 months which started in one testis and at the start was quite severe. It's not constant. It was radiating down his buttock and thigh. He now has a 'deep throb' in his thigh but not so much pain in the testis any more. He has had an ultrasound of both testes and all was normal except increased blood flow to the painful side. He's due for a rescan next week to see if it's resolved. The consultant queried if it was an infection and he originally had 2 weeks of antibiotics. However the pain hasn't resolved so what else could this be?has anyone else had similar? It's very unlike my husband to complain so I think it must be really bothering him. Thanks

Fluffybrain Thu 05-Oct-17 12:28:05

Could be sciatica. See an osteopath privately. Don't have them on the NHS.

user1485196412 Thu 05-Oct-17 15:38:48

Ah thanks yes I did wonder if it could be that initially- good idea to see an osteopath. I suddenly panicked last night that it was something serious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: