Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Lletz Procedure this week

(7 Posts)
uka888 Mon 02-Oct-17 11:22:59

Hi,

I have to have the lletz procedure this Thursday following a colposcopy showing CIN2 cells.

The last couple of weeks I was feeling ok about it but now I'm really worried.

Can anyone who has had the procedure before tell me what to expect?

I've read online some people have heavy bleeding/discharge for weeks after, I'm imaging feeling like I'm having a 5/6 week period whilst I'm recovering lol! Any info would be very much appreciated :-)

OffcialMalbecTaster Mon 02-Oct-17 22:42:11

Hi Uka I had this done on friday. Mine was done under GA due to my coil so Im more tired than anything. The bleeding is annoying but nothing more than a light period although mine did increase after a short walk. My pain was managed by paracetomol and a hot water bottle and gone by the next day.

Whole thing took 20 minutes and im glad its out of the way. Hope yours goes well flowers

StillIInDenial Mon 02-Oct-17 22:47:11

I had one done under a local anaesthetic. My only advice is to insist they wait for he full effect to kick in. The the second half of the cervix cutting was completely painfree because the local anaesthetic had been given enough time to work. That makes all the difference. You may have to ask them to give you a minute longer to let the anaesthetic work but it will be well worth the wait. I wish someone had warned me first!

I didn't have any bleeding after.

uka888 Tue 03-Oct-17 09:06:38

Hi ladies

Thank you for your replies :-).

That's great advice about waiting for the full effect of the local to kick in, thank you!

I'm feeling more nervous every day! Not sure if I'm more nervous about the actual procedure or how i'll feel afterwards.

How are you feeling today OffcialMalbec?

Did you both start to feel half normal again a couple of days after or would you recommend quite a lot of rest for the first few days after? I don't have children but my partners children will be here at the weekend and I'm hoping to feel half ok to still be able to be hands on with them?

OffcialMalbecTaster Tue 03-Oct-17 09:09:45

Hi Uka,

Well ive finally slept more than 4hrs last night so feeling a bit brighter. I think you will be fine with little ones if your having a local just keep your paracetomol & ibruprofen topped up.

We had a lovely sofa day on sunday which was just what I needed and your children might enjoy that.

OffcialMalbecTaster Sat 07-Oct-17 13:22:24

Hi Uka,

Just wanted to see how you were feeeling afterwards? Hope it went well xx

uka888 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:05:28

Hi!

Day 5 since the lletz now and feeling pretty much ok, it all went ok I had stomach cramps on the Thursday afternoon and have been quite tired of an evening since but glad it is done! I get the odd stomach cramp now but not really constant. I have been using my hot water bottle a lot!
The doctor said the results will be back in 3-4 weeks and she thinks it will all be fine now so fingers crossed!
I have had some very light discharge everyday since but no bleeding yet, but I've heard it can start a few days after so I'm just waiting for it to start really!
I've heard that the first period after the lletz can be quite horrible, has anyone heard the same?
Hope your healing is going well OffcialMalbec xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: