Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

How to get rid of a giant [recurring] spot?! Help!

(6 Posts)
AddictedToSausageRolls Tue 26-Sep-17 23:25:46

I am in my 30s with decent skin apart from a spot that keeps rearing its head every couple of months. It's on my chin, is really deep, often without a visible head and very red and sore (throbbing even if I've not touched it). Sometimes I can squeeze it (bad I know) and it'll empty and clear up but it always returns at some point. Its appearance seemingly has no link to my periods or what I eat.

Does anyone have any advice as to a) how to treat it when I have it (it can hang around for at least a week) and b) how to get rid of it forever?!
(I've tried all the usual remedies such as tee-tree oil, toothpaste, sudocream etc).

Godotsarrived Tue 26-Sep-17 23:29:45

Anti biotics? Sounds like a pretty deep seated infection.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 26-Sep-17 23:33:19

I know the type you mean and unfortunately there's no easy answer. Do not squeeze though. It damages the pore so that bacteria remains in the bottom which may be why it keeps flaring up.

LegoCaltrops Tue 26-Sep-17 23:35:25

If the ABs don't clear it (it could be a cyst which would need ABs?), maybe try an antifungal cream. I have a patch on my neck like this, but since using antifungal cream, the spot doesn't return as often / badly. Definitely see a GP or at least a pharmacist first though.

AddictedToSausageRolls Tue 26-Sep-17 23:36:57

Thanks for replying. I should have put that I plan to see the Doctor about it but I do feel pretty lame complaining about a single spot!
It is definitely very deep and short of some very invasive extraction I've no idea how it'll ever clear up for good sad

AddictedToSausageRolls Tue 26-Sep-17 23:38:11

@LegoCaltrops yes! I have suspected it being a cyst ... didn't realise these could be treated with ABs!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: