Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Son"s swollen leg, should I worry??

(6 Posts)
MissHooliesclassmonitor Mon 25-Sep-17 20:35:55

2 weeks ago my son tripped over and hit his upper shin/knee on some wood. It is still raised quite swollen and hot to the touch. I only realised this yesterday when I saw it. Years ago my brother was hospitalised with a inward bruise that didn't go (sorry can't think how else to explain it!!) and I am a bit worried about similar happening as the doc thought my brother may get a blood clot.
Any advice appreciated X

ThatsWotSheSaid Mon 25-Sep-17 20:47:32

Sounds like it definitely needs looking at. Have you googled it?

MissHooliesclassmonitor Mon 25-Sep-17 21:45:30

Yes but can't find much information. Will contact docs tomorrow. Mainly the heat in the swelling that is worrying me, but he's not in pain. Thanks for your response ThatsWhatSheSaid X

Waterlemon Mon 25-Sep-17 21:50:37

Heat to me would suggest an infection, I would get it checked out tomorrow- do you have a walk-in clinic nearby?

MissHooliesclassmonitor Mon 25-Sep-17 21:55:05

Hi watermelon, not a walk in clinic but my doctors are good and will see kids really quickly X

MissHooliesclassmonitor Mon 25-Sep-17 21:56:51

Waterlemon not watermelon sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now