Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Redness on breast glands- not feeding

(6 Posts)
Chattycat78 Mon 25-Sep-17 12:31:06

For about 5 weeks I've had these two red breast glands- it's the Montgomery tubercles - they look inflamed and red around them. I'm not feeding (since 6 months ago) so it's not related to that. No pain or itching. Can't find any lumps.

I showed it to my gp today. She said she doesn't think it's anything and not demonstrating worrying symptoms, but if it changes to go back. Then she changed her mind and booked me an appt 3,5 weeks away to check it again to see if it's changed or is the same.

Does this mean she's actually worried it's something?sad I'm not sure I feel any better having gonesad

DubiousCredentials Mon 25-Sep-17 12:55:08

She's just being cautious and following guidelines. If it's still there at the next appt presumably you'll be referred to the breast clinic. The chances of it being anything to worry about are very slim, but they won't take any chances. Even if you get referred, 9/10 referrals end in a benign diagnosis.

In the meantime DO NOT GOOGLE. Really, don't do it.

You did the right thing getting it checked out. Try not to worry or even think about it flowers

Chattycat78 Mon 25-Sep-17 12:58:11

Thanks but too late. I already did...sad

Chattycat78 Mon 25-Sep-17 13:00:27

Although it be fair she said she thought it could be just that's normal for me. I think it's more like, if it's changed I'll get referred sad

DubiousCredentials Mon 25-Sep-17 13:35:54

Oh dear re Google. Try to put it out of your mind. Easy to say I know. If it makes you feel better, I was worried about a mark on my breast that I thought was a pucker sort of thing. Worried for ages (and i had noticed it the week after a breast clinic referral for something else). Whipped my top and bra off for gp to have a look (for the second time in 6mths) and he had to try and find a nice way of telling me it was just from getting old and the tissue separating slightly blush.

flowerscakebrew

Chattycat78 Mon 25-Sep-17 15:37:02

Good story. Thanks. I did come away thinking that if it was definitely nothing she wouldn't have asked me to come back...sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now