Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Face injury

(5 Posts)
Timefortea99 Thu 21-Sep-17 09:02:43

Fell over earlier today in the street and because I was carrying 2 bags I did not have hands to break fall. Landed on face and knees. With regard to face, I have a cut just above top lip. I have stopped it bleeding but should I be doing anything to speed up healing? I can't put a plaster on it. It is reddening in the area around it, and I expect a bruise. Top lip has swollen a bit too. I will probably not know the extent of it until tomorrow morning when any bruising has time to come out.

I have two days early next week when I will be speaking to people all day so I want to speed up the healing process. Any recommendations- or should I just leave it be?

MrsOverTheRoad Thu 21-Sep-17 09:10:28

Ouch! sad Poor you!

Did you put a cold compress on it? Do youhave any arnica?

Timefortea99 Thu 21-Sep-17 09:22:01

Hi, I held cold cotton wool pads to it and bleeding stopped. I think I do have some arnica. Is that okay to put on a broken wound ?

Pride is dented, face planted in front of a lot of people! Did that British thing......yes I'm fine and scuttled off!

MrsOverTheRoad Thu 21-Sep-17 10:16:28

No...don't put arnica on it. The sort you take orally would be ok though. I'd get some oral arnica asap if I were you and it might still help to use a cold cloth on it.

Timefortea99 Thu 21-Sep-17 15:01:36

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now