Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Uterine prolapse - what do I do?!

(6 Posts)
Nikitasol Tue 22-Aug-17 23:05:41

I've sustained a partial uterine prolapse. Has anyone else suffered this before?

I literally have no idea how to juggle this along with parenting and working, and I can't take any time off as self employed.

Would really appreciate any thoughts or ways to manage this, at least in the short term whilst I wait for my referral appointment.

babyboomersrock Wed 23-Aug-17 17:54:44

Hi OP - there's usually a prolapse thread somewhere on here. Try this one :

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2029646-Pt-8-Oct13-Any-old-prolapse-Uterus-womb-prolapse-rectocele-cystocele-enterocele-urethrocele-incontinence-pelvic-floor-anterior-and-posterior-repair-TVT-etc-994-Posts?pg=34

bookbook Wed 23-Aug-17 18:03:17

It's doable - I have one,( more than partial) and cope fine , and was self employed until I retired a couple of years ago .
Look up Michelle Kenway on how to do pelvic floor exercises .
There is also a good forum on fb too - its a private group, with lots of help and advice
www.facebook.com/groups/184143085606/

Nikitasol Wed 23-Aug-17 19:50:15

Oh bless you both. Thanks for responding. It's only just happened, I'm dribbling wee and feeling shitty.

bookbook Wed 23-Aug-17 20:40:06

sent you a message Nikitasol

Nikitasol Thu 24-Aug-17 20:33:35

Thanks for all the advice. Really appreciate it. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now