Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Is this toenail fungus or what? (Pic included)

(2 Posts)
Stardust28 Mon 21-Aug-17 05:05:46

Hi,

I did ballet for about 20+ years so I've always had messed up nails (think breakage, dryness etc). Stopped about a year ago so they finally had a chance to grow properly, and noticed that my second toe looks just unusual!

It's quite white and slightly "hump like" instead of flat as you can see from the photo. This occurs in every toe on my other foot as well - albeit to a lesser extent - sans the big toe which seems fine.

Is it fungus?

DangerMouse17 Mon 21-Aug-17 05:57:52

No it's just nail damage. My son had the same after a foot injury....there was a big hump of nail and actually I cut some of it away off the top and filed it gently, so it had chance to grow back normally. It did the trick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: