Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tummy tuck

(12 Posts)
Mothertofour Sun 23-Jul-17 01:57:47

I'm on day 10 after my tummy tuck.
I really can see a vast difference already.
Best thing I've done.I'm soooooooo happy.
I'm seeing my surgeon on Thursday to have my tummy button stitches removed and the ones along my pubic line are dissolvable.
I should have done this a long time ago.

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 23-Jul-17 02:02:38

Good for you! I had liposuction on my belly 10 weeks ago, and I'm glad I did it! I'm still not "thin" but losing that shelf has made me feel so much better

tired121212 Sun 23-Jul-17 02:05:31

Congratulations!! I am planning on having a tummy tuck next year, so it is really good to hear your positive experience. Do you mind me asking how long are you taking off work, in case you work outside home?
Good luck with your recovery!!

Patriciathestripper1 Sun 23-Jul-17 02:06:06

Ooo do you have any before and after pics? Also how big were you and did you go private also who Did you use.
I'm secretly wanting one ( overweight now and after 3 sections blush)

tired121212 Sun 23-Jul-17 02:30:37

I also wanted to ask about your weight, as I am overweight, but did not want to offend : )

IrritatedUser1960 Sun 23-Jul-17 02:31:52

Fantastic well done, I'm having a facelift next year and then hopefuly a tummy tuck the year after. Can't wait.

lifelongdieter Tue 10-Oct-17 21:26:51

Hi, hope your recovery went well. I am having a full tummy tuck in December. Surgery booked for December 4th. I am unsure whether I am excited or nervous. Having children at home means so much pre-planning. Luckily I have a very supportive 'hands on' hubby.
Do you have any tips?

ALemonyPea Tue 10-Oct-17 21:29:27

I’d love a tummy tuck. Since the NHS don’t do them, I can just dream of one as can’t afford one in the foreseeable future.

tired121212 Tue 10-Oct-17 22:13:43

Hi Life! I hope all goes really well with your TT. I am also a forever dieter, and my TT is becoming elusive because I need to lose lots of weight first.

I’d love to hear your experience, if you would like to share. Best of luck!!

RandomMess Tue 10-Oct-17 22:38:25

I want to have a partial tummy tuck when I lose my weight and maintain it - joys of "twin skin"

Sausage01 Tue 10-Oct-17 22:44:21

Ooooh! I'm interested too. I have a horrible "apron" post being fat, thin, fat, thin, pg, C-section, fat, pg, C-section, fat.... thinner. I'm currently losing weight with the plan of getting the shelf shifted surgically as everything else is toning up well.

I hope you don't mind me being nosey but.....

How much did you weigh?
How long have you needed off work/been unable to function normally?
How soon before you could drive?
Was their any aspect that was harder than you imagined?
After initial consultation did the surgeon ask you to do anything ie weight wise like maintain for a period of time?
How long was it between consult and op?

Congratulations btw!! x

tired121212 Tue 10-Oct-17 23:55:05

Reading with interest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now