Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? (Pic included)

(4 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:22:22

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what this could be?

I noticed it about a week ago. It's on the crease of my middle finger and it's quite a hard lump. It's not painful, only slightly tender if I prod it. It appears to be right on the vein? But I don't know.

I went to pharmacy today and they were unsure of what it could be, but to go to the gp if it doesn't clear up in a couple of days. I went to the gp today to see if I could make an appointment, but I won't be able to make one until next week at the earliest.

Any advice would be appreciated!

teaandakitkat Mon 17-Jul-17 22:53:34

Is it a ganglion? I've had one twice, although it was in the joint at the bottom of my finger.
They just go away by themselves, or the doctor can remove it if it's getting in your way.
I'm surprised the pharmacist disnt recognise it though, the nurse at our gp surgery knew what mine was straight away, so maybe tours is something else

Cellardoor23 Mon 17-Jul-17 23:00:14

Thanks for the reply. I've had a little look online, I don't think that's what it is. It looks like it's in the vein? Plus it has a blue/green tinge to it.

Ilovelearning Mon 17-Jul-17 23:13:03

I've had this and it usually goes away within a day or two. Sometimes can be quite painful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now