Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Treatments for back pain?

(2 Posts)
Laladog Mon 10-Jul-17 05:09:35

I'm going to try to get an appointment today at my gp surgery and so far I'm taking OTC Cocodamol and Naproxen which isn't helping at all. Also tried capsaicin ointment but it gives me a rash. I have a referall for a rheumatologist as they think it's Fibro but not heard anything yet.

If naproxen and OTC cocodamol hasn't worked is there anything else they can prescribed? This pain is getting very frustrating and stopping me from sleeping. Any advice is appreciated thank you

27Harper Mon 10-Jul-17 05:21:07

They may try and speed up your referall if you're in a lot of pain. You can try some light exercise also. They can also prescribed stronger painkillers as it sounds like they're not helping you much at all. Naproxen isn't great for fibro pain so it's unsurprising that they're not working. Sorry you're in pain hun xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now