Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have you ever broken your foot?

(12 Posts)
Shockers Sat 08-Jul-17 19:05:17

Has anyone here ever broken a bone in their foot?

My foot is really sore and has been since yesterday. The pain is coming from the direction of my little toe and runs to the front of my ankle, with the worst being in the middle.

It has got steadily stiffer and more painful today, with periods of pins and needles and cramp too. The pain eases a little when I elevate it.

I can weight bear, but it hurts.

WicksEnd Sat 08-Jul-17 19:09:51

I have. It swelled up immediately and a large dark purple bruise appeared straight away. I heard a small 'pop' when I did it, don't think I could weight bear.
Only one way to find out though......get ye to minor injuries if they have X-ray facilities.

WicksEnd Sat 08-Jul-17 19:10:44

That's just where my break was too btw

lobsterface Sat 08-Jul-17 19:10:56

Yes - they did nothing. It was bloody painful though!

Shockers Sat 08-Jul-17 19:16:24

There's very little swelling and just a small bruise.

I phoned the walk in centre and they said to rest it on a bag of frozen peas, take painkillers, then go in on Monday if it isn't any better.

It's driving me mad though.

ChampagneCommunist Sat 08-Jul-17 19:22:58

Yes, when a very heavy weight was dropped on it.

Not much up can do, you can't put a caste on. Foot injuries of all types take ages to heal

Babydontcry Sat 08-Jul-17 19:26:24

Yes, I have this week. I agree with how @WicksEnd describes, although I am in plaster but that is possibly because I have also fractured my ankle!

Broken11Girl Sat 08-Jul-17 19:37:30

Yes. I could just about weight bear, limped from bus stop outside hospital to A&E, shoes in hand, couldn't have gone any further though as it was too painful and just felt wrong. I had a cast for a few days, then a boot.
Pins and needles doesn't sound good in my non medically qualified opinion. Go and get seen. Shouldn't be too bad now, go before the drunk people start arriving.

Shockers Sat 08-Jul-17 19:44:05

Thanks all.

It's quite a drive and I'm on my own with DD until about 2am when DH gets home from work. I'm not sure I'd trust it on the clutch.

I think I'll keep it elevated until the morning and then go. The pins and needles are worse when it's pointing downwards.

LuxuryWoman2017 Sat 08-Jul-17 19:58:41

Yes years ago dropping a huge weight on it. The pain was appalling as was the swelling and bruising. I had crutches for 2 months and lots of physio.

I would certainly get it checked. I had a cast which was removed in a few days and thank god as the swelling was unreal.

Maudlinmaud Sat 08-Jul-17 20:01:32

Yes. Spent 8 weeks in plaster up to my knee because of a tiny break in my foot. It still hurts years later. Get it seen to op. Crutches where hard work.

Breezy1985 Sat 08-Jul-17 20:05:45

I have, last year. Was just walking along when my foot gave way. I couldn't weight bare at all and knew instantly it was broken, I've never felt pain like it, it never swelled up though. They wanted to put a cast on but in the end they gave me the boot for 8 weeks as they said it would be easier as a single parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now