Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bunions anyone?

(3 Posts)
tuscanrose Wed 05-Jul-17 09:37:26

I'm 35 and I have them on both feet - one much worse than the other. The problem is, the bad one is beginning to really hurt! I feel almost constant pain around it, even when I'm not using my foot. Does anyone else have experience of this? I know the most extreme option is surgery but I wondered whether bunion pain can flare up and then settle down, or whether, once it begins, it gets progressively worse?

MintyJuleps Wed 05-Jul-17 17:06:07

Yes I have terrible bunion pain on one foot & now I seem to be developing a bunion on the other foot so that one will no doubt start throbbing soon ☹️ I am v seriously considering surgery later this year. In the meantime, I find soaking my poor feet in a bowl of warm water with some Epsom Salts for 15/20 mins helps. You can get it in Boots. You can do this twice a day if really bad. You can also get those rubber bunion guards which go between your big toe and next toe. They help ease the pain a wee bit. I have to say though that the pain seems to be getting worse. It used to be a winter thing, but now it's pretty munch year round which makes me suspect I have arthritis in it

ShortThing94 Thu 06-Jul-17 23:05:16

Hiya, I used to suffer with awful bunions on both feet, my big toes were almost adjacent to my smaller ones. I've had 3 lots of surgery for them and now my feet are so much better.

Any questions regarding the surgery feel free to ask smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: