Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

C section

(3 Posts)
Kassm Sat 01-Jul-17 13:34:21

Hi everyone new on here.

I'm looking for advice about having a c section under general anaesthetic. I have osteoarthritis in my spine and also fibromyalgia. I had a bad birth with my first and didn't know about my spine until afterwards, I'm just wondering if you can request to have a general anaesthetic c section as I don't think my health is able to do natural. Thanks x

user1498166085 Sat 01-Jul-17 13:50:33

Hi there, you can request to have an awake c section, where you get a spinal? It sounds like you would definitely have a case for this. I'm sorry if I missed something and there's a reason you want a general anaesthetic one instead.x

wonkylegs Sat 01-Jul-17 14:05:12

You can request to have a section, the anaesthetist will assess you along with the obs consultant to decide the best way. I have RA (all joints) and had an extra assessment & meeting with the anaesthetist for each of my sections. I had x-Rays of my neck and they checked my rheumatology records and made a plan of action with my rheumatologist. I had regular sections with spinal block each time but they were concerned in case they needed to sedate and put a tube down my throat as it is a risk with my neck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: