Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

C section

(3 Posts)
Kassm Sat 01-Jul-17 13:34:21

Hi everyone new on here.

I'm looking for advice about having a c section under general anaesthetic. I have osteoarthritis in my spine and also fibromyalgia. I had a bad birth with my first and didn't know about my spine until afterwards, I'm just wondering if you can request to have a general anaesthetic c section as I don't think my health is able to do natural. Thanks x

user1498166085 Sat 01-Jul-17 13:50:33

Hi there, you can request to have an awake c section, where you get a spinal? It sounds like you would definitely have a case for this. I'm sorry if I missed something and there's a reason you want a general anaesthetic one instead.x

wonkylegs Sat 01-Jul-17 14:05:12

You can request to have a section, the anaesthetist will assess you along with the obs consultant to decide the best way. I have RA (all joints) and had an extra assessment & meeting with the anaesthetist for each of my sections. I had x-Rays of my neck and they checked my rheumatology records and made a plan of action with my rheumatologist. I had regular sections with spinal block each time but they were concerned in case they needed to sedate and put a tube down my throat as it is a risk with my neck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now