Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tell me what this could be because I am freaking out

(13 Posts)
Anaffaquine123 Thu 29-Jun-17 22:53:10

After abnormal smears with minor changes, a colposcopy that was inconclusive then a further smear with minor changes where the nurse said it was difficult to find my cervix. (I mean, I'm notorious for losing my keys and paperwork but losing my cervix? Wtf?)
During sex last week, my husband felt a lump on the inside that he doesn't think was there before. I haven't found the lump again and he doesn't want to.
Now my period, which is usually bang on 28 days has arrived after 2 weeks.
I always have lower abdominal pain because I have Crohn's disease in my small bowel and terminal ileum.
Now I am freaking out, that I have cancer. There are surely other possibilities but having lost my mum to breast cancer that was oestrogen linked, I am worried.
I have made a dr appointment but as usual it isn't until the end of next week and I will be up the wall by then!
Can a rational person please calm me down?

OlennasWimple Thu 29-Jun-17 23:02:07

Presumably it means that your cervix is tilted at an angle that makes it hard to get a good look at?

I'd be asking why you had to have another smear following an inconclusive colposcopy. I'd have thought that further detailed investigation at the colposcopy clinic would be the logical next step (because that is where they are able to diagnose the severity of any problem) rather than another smear (which indicates that there may be a problem)

MyheartbelongstoG Thu 29-Jun-17 23:02:47

I have a little lump on my cervix, I can feel ut when I'm washing my bits if that isn't tmi!

Where did your dh feel the lump??

PickAChew Thu 29-Jun-17 23:05:53

I'd put money on a tilted uterus/prolapse. They can alternate depending on your position - so if you were upright with your DH, he might have felt all sorts of lumps due to the effects of gravity.

Iamastonished Thu 29-Jun-17 23:10:31

"I have a little lump on my cervix, I can feel ut when I'm washing my bits if that isn't tmi!"

Erm, just how far up do you wash?

melissasummerfield Thu 29-Jun-17 23:12:42

You touch your cervix when you wash?!?!

OlennasWimple Thu 29-Jun-17 23:16:34

Another thought, OP - have you tried putting your fists under your bum when they do the smear test? sometimes it can help tilt your pelvis into a more accessible angle, IYSWIM

Babyiwantabump Thu 29-Jun-17 23:17:55

You wash your cervix??? 😮

BuzzKillington Thu 29-Jun-17 23:19:55

Someone feels their cervix when they wash? Say what?!

I have a polyp on my cervix - I only know this from GPs telling me. It's been there for about 20 years.

theconstantinoplegardener Thu 29-Jun-17 23:25:44

Where abouts was the lump that your husband felt? If it was in the wall of the vagina, it could be a hard stool in the rectum. The vaginal wall is quite thin.

DubiousCredentials Fri 30-Jun-17 06:54:01

I have lumps on my cervix. They are cysts. Very easy to diagnose by the gp. Call today and say what you've noticed and you'll be seen straight away. Don't worry flowers

Anaffaquine123 Fri 30-Jun-17 22:46:45

Thanks everyone! I haven't felt the lump again but I do wonder if it is related to my crohns. The worst of my scarring is in the terminal ileum beside where your appendix would be. I wonder if it is something to do with that.
I've stopped freaking out and will wait for my doctor appointment. To be honest, my cycle could be messed up by all the drugs I take for crohns, not just a symptom of something sinister!

BlahBlahBlahEtc Fri 30-Jun-17 23:01:59

a lump on the inside is probably a bartholins cyst, which is nothing to worry about unless it gets infected which is VERY obvious (hurts a lot and is big). Bartholins are common. I'd check it out because of the abnormal smear (checking mine for same reason) but don't worry too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now