Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Was this a form of sleepwalking or should I be concerned?

(1 Post)
Chickensareevil Thu 29-Jun-17 08:39:34

My 16 year old DS has just finished his GCSEs and is due to play football with his friends. I just went to wake him up, he sat up and his eyes were open. I asked him what time he was going and he mumbled a word I couldn't make out whilst touching each of his fingers off his thumb. I asked him again and he repeated the same word and hand gesture. I then asked if he was ok and same again. For the next couple of minutes I got the same response to every question, to the point where I thought something was seriously wrong. Finally he seemed to snap out of it and started speaking normally, it was like a switch turning on. The thing that freaked me out the most was for question I asked he responded with the same word and hand gesture. My rational self tells me he had probably been in a really deep sleep and was only half awake, my anxious self is worried something else might be going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now