Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low white blood cell count - why?!

(4 Posts)
ZiggyForever Wed 28-Jun-17 09:03:43

Bah. So I've had two blood tests a month apart and white blood cells are low. I have to go into the doctor again. I've googled "low white blood cells" and there are too many scary explanations - what are the more prosaic reasons WBC can be low? What tests will they do now to find out what's causing it?

I've just started a new job, I'm getting married and we hope to start fertility treatment - I need this to be something that's quickly and easily sorted . . . confused

Lunchtimeburrito Thu 29-Jun-17 09:59:07

Have you had a cold, infection or have you been run down recently? I had a low white count a couple of years back and completely freaked out once I'd google it but the doctors explained it was probably the fact I'd had the flu a few months previously and I was also very low on iron which didn't help.

ZiggyForever Thu 29-Jun-17 12:38:42

Hi - thank you for responding! I had a cold about three months ago; but would have thought my WBC would be back to normal by now.

I hope I'm the same as you, then, and just recovering from a clingy virus or something!

Lunchtimeburrito Thu 29-Jun-17 14:19:46

I took a supplement called Sambucol and also some Spatone to give me a boost and help with the iron levels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now