Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Watery blood stained discharge

(5 Posts)
acarnamedwanda Tue 27-Jun-17 18:04:23

I have been on the mini pill now for over a year and as a result my periods are very irregular, having not had a proper period since April.
Every month I have the symptoms of PMS- moodiness, bloating etc but no actual period.

I was treated around 6 weeks ago with antibiotics for a suspected infected pelvic area, but the swabs came back clear. The pain I had was accompanied by a foul smelling discharge which I thought was BV but the doctor said it didn't fit the symptoms because of the colour and texture.

Saturday this week, after a few days of niggling pain, I had a very light blood stained discharge, almost water like, but again, offensively smelling. I only needed a panty liner as it was so light, and didn't have anything Sunday or Monday.

Around 30 minutes ago, (and sorry for this), I felt a light trickle and when I have gone to check, it is the same watery discharge, again tinged with blood and foul smelling.

Is this my body's attempt at a period? I don't really want to start changing my contraception (and I have tested and am not pregnant), but surely if it's not a typical looking discharge then it doesn't need antibiotics? I have done the one thing I shouldn't have and Googled confused

I will be phoning the GP tomorrow but I just wondered if anybody had ever experienced anything similar, especially on the mini pill?

Daisy2315 Tue 27-Jun-17 19:05:04

Have you had a smear test recently?

acarnamedwanda Tue 27-Jun-17 19:07:17

I had one in October 2016 and all came back clear thankfully.

No further discharge since around 5pm, hut a feeling of dizziness which may or may not be related- I'm not sure!

Daisy2315 Tue 27-Jun-17 19:15:52

Well that's good that you have had a smear to rule that out.

Hopefully you'll get an appointment with your go soon

Daisy2315 Tue 27-Jun-17 19:16:07

*gp

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: