Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Wound woes

(1 Post)
Everyoneafter3 Sat 24-Jun-17 19:50:12

I have a two week old open wound on my knee caused by a fall. It was filthy dirty so had to be irrigated in A&E. It's doing okay after multiple dressing changes by the nurse and by me at home apart from one bit which is still oozing yellow stuff and is effectively a hole. Nurse today did a swab (omg that hurt) and told me to see my gp next week. She said that due to the position of it I might have to be referred to orthopaedics - surely not! She said that ideally it should have been sorted in theatre a few days later but I was discharged from A&E with virtually no follow-up instructions.

I'm so down. It hurts. It looks horrific. The part that is healing is in a lump.

Someone tell me that it's normal to still be like this after two weeks?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: