Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What kind of headache/migraine is this?

(5 Posts)
moutonfou Wed 21-Jun-17 19:09:50

I'm never really sure what constitutes a headache/migraine and what the different types are.

I get a headache which feels like my head is being crushed. There is sense of pressure over my whole head, but the pain is above my left eye, and if my heart rate increases, I feel the pain throbbing to my pulse.

Has anyone experienced this and can help me define more specifically what it is and what might cause it?

It always comes on at work (desk job) so I'm suspecting maybe posture, lighting, something like that. I'm not particularly stressed in my job so I can't imagine it's that.

I do also have a history of hormonal headaches but I can't think why they would only come on at work?

LivingInMidnight Wed 21-Jun-17 20:24:09

I get that from TMJ. Feels like my head is in a vice. It's affected by stress/light/smell/food/temperature etc. Could be that?

DangerMouse17 Wed 21-Jun-17 20:41:57

Tension headache is when you have that crushing feeling.. I know it well flowers

DangerMouse17 Wed 21-Jun-17 20:43:36

Oh and it could be any multitude of things really...I usually get it from stress, leaving it too long to eat etc. Maybe keep a diary so when you have one it might help identify the common theme?

rainsbow Wed 21-Jun-17 20:51:42

I have one right now (I do everyday) it's in my forehead/ temples but my whole head feels like it's in a pressure cooker. Sympathies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: