Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone ever collapsed just through stress or tiredness?

(6 Posts)
aubreydear Wed 21-Jun-17 10:22:01

I fainted a week or two ago and tbh I am fairly sure it was because of stress or anxiety or just being tired blush

I just wondered if it was actually possible to collapse with these things!

BzyB Wed 21-Jun-17 10:28:41

I feel nauseous and lightheaded when tired. If really tired ( like missing a whole nights sleep) I'm actually sick and need to lie down due to dizziness. I've never outright fainted though.
Did it just happen out of nowhere or did you have any symptoms before?

LurkerMortificado Wed 21-Jun-17 10:35:48

Definitely possible as I have this. I've had all the tests going as I suffer recurrent blackouts (have since preteen) and my diagnosis was that they are caused by stress/anxiety. Being over tired makes it worse but when I'm going through particularly stressful times I can and will go dizzy and woozy and it does go as far as I pass out. Mortifying.

aubreydear Wed 21-Jun-17 10:51:45

I was just sitting on the bed and then the next thing I remember is lying on the bed and having a nice bruise on my leg where it hit the wooden edge of the bed. No idea what happened in the middle blush

AW22 Wed 21-Jun-17 17:22:55

I do this a lot. I just have to be careful. Stand up from sitting slowly. Keep hydrated. Get as much sleep as you can/ need. Look after yourself. Tell somemne if you are going out alone in case you pass out on your travels. If you feel overly stressed and need further help see your GP. It's not all about medication - they can give you coping strategies too. Best of luck. wink

CloudPerson Wed 21-Jun-17 17:26:06

I have dizzy spells and numbness from stress.
I know someone who flat out fainted from anxiety, so yes, it is possible.
It's important to get it checked though and rule any other causes out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now