Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heavy Period - am I overreacting?

(3 Posts)
limegreenfuschia Tue 20-Jun-17 19:00:29

Sorry if tmi- I'm just not sure if I'm overreacting.
I got my period this morning and it was like my normal first day period this morning until around 3pm. Since then I have gone through four super tampons and have passed four or five big-ish clots.
I'm not in any more pain than I usually have- crampy but not even enough to even take paracetamol. But I'm completely exhausted. It's an effort for me to even get off the sofa.
Does anyone think this is something I should be worrying about? It seems a lot more blood than usual to be losing.

Penguiney Tue 20-Jun-17 19:03:57

I think the advice is if you're bleeding through more than one pad an hour to call 111 as it could mean something's wrong.

JaneEyre70 Tue 20-Jun-17 19:07:22

Ring OOH - they will be far better able to advise you. If that's not normal for you, you should seek help. Blood loss can escalate very quickly and it's better to be on the safe side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now