Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First period after birth

(3 Posts)
Coloured Mon 19-Jun-17 18:42:49

Hello

So I had my son 8 weeks ago by c-section and had normal lochia until about 4 weeks when it tapered off. At 5/6 weeks I got what I assume is my period (though I have had absolutely no cramping—periods before I had a baby were agony).

10 days later and I'm still bleeding very heavily with minimal cramping, I'm not sure if it's normal for your first period after a baby to last this long — it kind of just keeps slowing down and then getting much heavier again, frustrating!

Does anyone have any experience of their first post-baby period being like this? I just want it to end sad

nether Mon 19-Jun-17 19:13:22

I found that periods were rather heavieryand much, much less painful after pregnancy.

10 days sounds a lot though.

Have you been signed off by the MWs? Might be worth a call to them, or HV.

MajorClanger123 Mon 19-Jun-17 19:36:07

It sounds like more post birth Lochia to me - I had a c section with my third baby and initial lochia was quite limited, 4 weeks max. I thought fab, that didn't last long compared to my previous 2 vaginal births. Then it came back with a vengeance around 6-8 weeks angry.

Double check with mw or hv but I found recovery after a c-section birth to be quite different to that of a vaginal. If any big clotting then defo needs checking out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now