Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sickness bug. Any tips?

(7 Posts)
bumbledryer Sun 18-Jun-17 14:29:53

Hi,

A sickness bug is currently working it's way through the whole family - DD got it first, but very mildly. This was followed by DS2 and then DS1 very quickly afterwards. Then me and now DH is saying he feels off. DD and DS1 seem over it, so hopefully I'll feel better soon. DS1 is still very off.

Any tips on coping? So far Peppa Pig has been on all day because I simply can't move and DH is dealing with DS1. Youngest two have only had jam on toast today because that was the only thing that didn't make them puke yesterday, so I'm sticking with it.

bumbledryer Sun 18-Jun-17 14:31:41

Should add that I've cancelled work tomorrow, along with school and nursery. Almost hope DH gets it so that he's around too.

tessiebear4 Sun 18-Jun-17 14:34:43

Just wait it out and try to hold on to the fact that they are awful, but short lived. No matter how bad you feel today, you'll feel better tomorrow and may even be back to normal. Cooled boiled water is good for your tummy and for hydration.

bumbledryer Sun 18-Jun-17 14:40:20

I know it'll be short lived, but I just can't imagine it getting better! The only time we've had a sickness bug in the house was when we only had DS1, and neither of us adults got it.

skippy85 Sun 18-Jun-17 14:49:40

Not sure how old DCs are. However when sickness bug swept through our home and kept going round our home I was told by a health professional to buy some coca cola. Not the cheap stuff, it only seems to work with the proper stuff. Let it go flat, give them all a glass, or for children half a glass. I am not sure how it worked but in our home it was magic. Once we all had it nobody was sick again. We still felt rubbish and a bit fragile but we managed to eat and drink. Hope this helps

tessiebear4 Sun 18-Jun-17 14:51:31

Yes, Coca Cola is good. It's just one of the worst parts of having kids!

bumbledryer Sun 18-Jun-17 14:55:08

If DH can stay well for ten minutes, I'm sending him for coke. I can't move at the moment. Ideally I wouldn't give children this small coke (all under6) but I'll try anything. The younger two appear to be recovering and are now keeping water and jammy toast down, so I'm not too worried about them, although they're not quite themselves.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: