Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Systemic Fungal Infection/Candida

(6 Posts)
RockinHippy Sat 17-Jun-17 11:48:57

Treatment??

Has anyone been through this & got rid of it?? If so how??

I realised I had a big problem with this after finishing a heavy duty triple antibiotic course for H.Pylori infection. Took the over the counter pill from the chemist a few times until our lovely pharmacist pulled me aside & suggested I need to see the GP for something stronger, which I did & was given a 2 week course of strong antifungals.

These unfortunately have knocked my kidneys for 6 (CKD stage 3) & having seen my kidney consultant yesterday, I'm waiting on lab reports to confirm I have a kidney infection & what bug it is🙄 so yet more antibiotics to come.

The fungal infection hasn't gone, if anything it's come back worse, especially my throat & sinuses which feel awful. Can't taste anything, feel sick & choking all the time, getting thrush everywhere too.

The only surprising thing that the antifungals did do, was rapidly shed weight, with little change to my diet, leaving me to believe I've probably had this problem longer as in theory, as my diet is exceptionally good, I don't eat much, I should never have put the weight on at all & I've always thought it was more likely fluid retention, but couldn't get any doctor to listen as I used to be tiny, underweight, so even gaining a few stone didn't make me obese, so they just weren't interested, one even offering counselling for my "worrying attitude over food"😏 . I lost over a stone in a few weeks, mostly from my stomach.

I need to get rid of this, it's affecting me badly, especially given I have other health problems & struggle enough. Has anyone successfully beat this & if so, what worked??

TIA

RockinHippy Tue 20-Jun-17 09:50:40

Anyone?? confused

troodiedoo Tue 20-Jun-17 09:54:07

Poor you flowers anti candida diet? Basically cutting out sugar. There are herbal tablets you can get think they are called dida. And a pro biotic.

RockinHippy Tue 20-Jun-17 20:33:06

Thank you for replying. Yes, I think I am going to have to do some sort of Candida diet, it probably won't be that hard as my appetite isn't great ATM. I did take a good gut flora supplement, whilst I was taking & after the anti Candida drug. Haven't heard of the herbal remedy though so I will look into that - thank you!!

I'm hoping someone has actually done some sort of protocol that has worked for them

IshipTomHardysohard Wed 21-Jun-17 23:56:07

Hiya I had oral thrush a few weeks back, I sympathise so much with you, it's horrible.

Here are a few more things you can try.

Raw apple cider vinegar, you can get it in a health food shop. In a glass put a small amount of warm water, half a tea spoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of the vinegar. Swill mouth out, you can do this several times a day.

Invest in a tongue scraper, use it in the morning.

Hydrogen peroxide from the chemist, get a 6vol one. In a glass 5ml of the hydrogen then 25 ml of water. Gargle and try and keep it in your mouth for 10 mins, try and hold it over your throat. You can do this twice a day.

Hope this help flowers

IshipTomHardysohard Wed 21-Jun-17 23:59:16

Just to add, start taken pro botics vitamins and also if you can face it try and get the pro biotics yogurts, they will help get rid of the nasty bacteria. Coconut flavour is the best smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now