Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Malignant fibroid

(2 Posts)
Greyboot Mon 12-Jun-17 22:18:38

I had a hysterectomy six weeks ago because of large fibroids.
Out of the blue consultant rang me Friday to say unfortunately they were malignant. Very rare apparently (1 in a 1000)
I have an appt weds with oncology and will be having ct scan very soon too.
I'm a very sensitive,emotional, but positive person usually. I literally don't know what I'm doing or saying or thinking at the moment.
I had a complete public meltdown this morning, followed later by an anxiety attack in Sainsburys.
My husband is great, but he's usually rubbish at emotional stuff and doesn't know what to say.
I have children, but we've just told the oldest one who's an adult.
My friends are fantastic, but I can't constantly repeat myself to them at every hour of the day or night!
Do you have tips to relax/get my thoughts under control etc?
What sort of questions should I ask on weds?
I'm on the hysterectomy thread and have mentioned it on there, but hoping for any tips etc to keep me sane!
Thanks for reading

Madeyemoodysmum Mon 12-Jun-17 22:23:30

You poor thing you must be very worried. Try to keep calm. Now they have found them fingers crossed it's been caught early. I have no advise but I wish you all the best. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now