Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bacterial vaginosis help please 😶

(6 Posts)
Rebecca19067 Wed 07-Jun-17 12:58:56

blush Hi, I have a partner and we have 2 children and I am pregnant. Last year is when this all started I thought I had a urine infection so I went to the doctors and he said I didnt but I had BV he also sent me for STI screening which come back clear. The doctor gave me treatment but 2weeks later it returned doctor said to stop using soap and just stick to water. For the last year I have been constantly having to buy canestan bv treatment gels i use atleast a course once a month it goes for a week then returns.
It's so embarrassing! Everytime we have sex the smell is just gross and it puts me off, i feel so dirty but infact im the complete opposit.
I had a sexual screen by midwife at booking in appointment which again come back clear which of course it should be.
Has anyone else had this ongoing embarrassing problem?
Any advice?
Thanks

namechange20050 Wed 07-Jun-17 13:03:19

Have you tried incorporating live yoghurt and fermented foods into your diet? E.g. Kimchi, sauerkraut etc. This is meant to help along with a reduction in the amount of sugar you eat.

Rebecca19067 Wed 07-Jun-17 14:22:04

I do consume alot more sugar than i probably should. I will try changing my diet around, thanks for replying

Bettertobehealthy Wed 07-Jun-17 22:26:57

Hi , Rebecca ,

have a look here , the front page of this website , concerning Vitamin D , www.vitamindassociation.org/ BV ,can be a complication of PG , has been shown to be reduced by 50% by ensuring your vitamin D level is sufficient. Prof. Hollis explains.

It may be advisable to get your level checked , IF it is low , then take some supplementation. It will be very good for you , and the baby.

best of luck

BTBH

BalaRua Wed 07-Jun-17 22:29:07

Hi, the treatment for true BV is a course of an antibiotic called metronidazole. It won't come back on an STI screen, you need to ask them specifically for it

Crumbs1 Wed 07-Jun-17 22:33:59

I suggest you go to a sexual health clinic and get treated by an expert- they will have seen hundreds of cases and can offer correct treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now