Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Problems with periods & severe pain

(3 Posts)
ellie09 Wed 07-Jun-17 12:43:00

I had a baby about 4 months ago now. For the last 6 weeks or so I have had problems with my periods and also prolonged bleeding and severe pain and abdominal swelling.

I ended up in A&E one night where they blamed it on Cerazette and told me to come off it. I then went to get the coil but nothing has changed. The cramps are moderate to severe and painkillers don't help. I was given to courses of antibiotics in case of infection which has also not helped.

The bleeding is constant and heavy with clots at times and in 6 weeks I have had about 1 week in total that I haven't bled. The pain is in my lower stomach and stabs on either side of my stomach and makes Me miserable to the point where I don't go out as its too painful. I am a keen runner and have had to give this up as well.

Does anybody have an inkling on what this is or how to tackle it? GPs are dragging their heels and don't seem to know what it is.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 07-Jun-17 14:26:00

Have been on that pill and it did not cause me such problems post childbirth. I was wondering also why A & E did not forward you onto gynaecology.

I would request the GP to refer you urgently to a gynae for further evaluation and do not take no for an answer. Would also suggest you keep a daily pain and symptom diary now if you do not already do this as this will give that person clues. You need answers and what is happening here is not normal at all.

Did the birth of your child have any complications re delivery?.

Endometriosis can and does cause both heavy bleeding and pain to arise. This may be a possible cause.

ellie09 Wed 07-Jun-17 20:49:16

I had a natural birth with no complications and no use of forceps etc to deliver. I had a small internal tear which they didn't stitch.

Endometriosis did play on my mind but I didn't have any issues at all with periods before having my baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now