Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Carsickness remedies

(5 Posts)
CarrieF94 Tue 06-Jun-17 20:43:54

I am new here so forgive my lack of experience and what not.

My almost eighteen month old son and my younger brother who's also in my care get very carsick. On Sunday we're due to go on a long trip, we'll be in the car most of the day and the tablets I used to take as a child (JoyRides) are no longer available or I just can't seem to find them anywhere. My younger brother wears those travel bands that work just fine for him. I don't know what I can do for my son as I know he won't wear those bands. He won't like them

Any advice? It'll be greatly accepted
Many thanks
A first time Mum who's very nervous about travelling

Diamond25 Wed 07-Jun-17 14:31:57

Maybe speak to a pharmacist & see if there is another brand. I know you can get Sturgeron but not sure what age. Phernergen I think can be used it's an anti histamine. I think it's taken the night before as makes you drowsy.

CarrieF94 Fri 09-Jun-17 18:03:11

My Son is eighteen months and my younger brother is twelve, I'll have to ask about Sturgeron (Not sure if you can get that in the UK) Phernergen will be no good because there are no hayfever sufferers in our family. Thank you for the advice though

Hecticlifeanddrowning8 Fri 09-Jun-17 19:02:07

Joyrides have been discontinued in the U.K. , gutting as they were the best ones around. I use sturgeon for my little one but I think they have to be 2 .

Diamond25 Sat 10-Jun-17 13:42:08

Phernergon is an anti histamine but is used for motion sickness too.

It blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in your body. Promethazine is used to treat allergy symptoms such as itching, runny nose, sneezing, itchy or watery eyes, hives, and itchy skin rashes. Promethazine also prevents motion sickness, and treats nausea and vomiting or pain after surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now