Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Really need advice about my 1yr old

(14 Posts)
Follwyourdreamsgirl Mon 05-Jun-17 19:07:14

My poor 1 year old hasn't been right since last Thursday! She has hardly eaten since then (1 weetabix and 6 yoghurts) and she loves her food. She has also had hardly anything to drink. I'm talking 1 wee a day and 1 at night. She has all thear sores in her mouth and on her tongue. She's not sleeping and she's just grumpy constantly.
We took her to the doctors today, but they just said it's viral and I felt like she was really condescending and just assumed we are being overly worried parents.
She is also clenching her fists and face like she is in pain.
I feel like there is something more than it just being viral, but everyone keeps telling me I'm just being over protective and she just needs to sleep.
What do you guys think? Should I be doing more or will she get over it? confused

octoberfarm Mon 05-Jun-17 19:35:17

I'm not even remotely qualified as a medical professional but my instinct would be that that little liquid and the indications of pain would be a concern - dehydration especially can be dangerous. If I were you I'd call 101 for advice, and if they're no use and she's still ill tomorrow, try and get another appointment with an alternative doctor for a second opinion. Did they offer her any rehydration sachets or similar?

Poor thing, hope she feels better soon flowers

MrsJamin Mon 05-Jun-17 19:36:33

Yeah it's the weeing that would concern me. Try and get a second opinion.

Badders123 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:37:28

Google primary hepatic gingivostomstotis
My son had this and was really ill
A course of anti virals sorted him our in 24 hours

Badders123 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:37:57

Gingivostomatitis

MissBax Mon 05-Jun-17 19:38:20

Go to A+E OP - I wouldnt normally advocate this but that is nowhere NEAR enough fluid and can affect adults in a matter of days, let alone a baby. If they ask why you've presented at A+E (they won't ask this but just incase) tell them your GP has been useless.

GlitteryFluff Mon 05-Jun-17 19:47:42

Yes call 111 (not 101, that's the police!) or go to a&e.
It's not worth the risk. She might need fluids.

Follwyourdreamsgirl Mon 05-Jun-17 20:06:55

Everyone thank you so much. I've been sat here thinking I'm being dramatic! The fluid intake is bothering me too, and I would have thought they would have prescribed the rehydration things. But nothing apart from try to syringe water down her throat.
I did notice the gingivostomatitis and thought it sounded right.
I think I'm going to ring 111 now and see what they recommend.
Thank you all so much again! flowers

melissasummerfield Mon 05-Jun-17 20:13:57

i would go straight to A&E - all of my experiences with 111 have been awful, they are not medically trained, will ask you a series of pointless questions and then ask a nurse to call you back and ask you the same questions.

The fluids issue alone would see me going straight to A&E as it can become critical quickly.

hope she is okay!

Rachie1986 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:32:45

Hope she's ok. Def a 2nd opinion x

octoberfarm Wed 07-Jun-17 03:10:18

How's your little one doing today follow? Hope she's feeling much better smile

Follwyourdreamsgirl Wed 07-Jun-17 07:55:55

She is still the same. Although is drinking more fluids, which is obviously a huge relief! Thank you all for you concern, and your advice flowers

flutterby77 Wed 07-Jun-17 12:30:19

Sores in her mouth will do all that. Can you swab the sores with lignocaine? Have you given her pain relief? My 2 year old is prone to cold sores in her mouth and I ended up in a&e as she was in so much pain. They suggested both of the above. Hope she feels better soon.

flutterby77 Wed 07-Jun-17 12:32:20

www.anbesol.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: