Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is happening to me?

(8 Posts)
lemondropcake Sun 28-May-17 21:32:58

For the past few months i have had pain in my right kidney and have been on and off on antibiotics. Pain is still there so I am having a scan on Fri to see if I have stones. Bloods normal. Trace of blood in urine.

Yesterday I was fine and all of a sudden after eating I had awful dioreah l. When it passed I got this awful awful pain under my right rib and I ended up collapsing with the pain and going dizzy. I started to vomit and my partner phoned an ambulance. I was screaming in pain and I couldn't stand.
Whilst waiting on the ambulance the pain started to die down and I eventually got on my feet still in pain but not at screaming point. I was very gassy that night and I'm not sure if it was related to my kidneys or stomach.
My kidneys have been a bit tender and sore to touch but other than that i have been ok.

What could this be? I am still unconvinced I have stones as I haven't passed anything in the few months I've had the pain.

girlandboy Sun 28-May-17 21:34:46

What did the paramedics say when they came?

skyzumarubble Sun 28-May-17 21:36:14

Sounds like gall bladder. Hope you get it sorted soon.

lemondropcake Sun 28-May-17 21:36:31

Sorry I should have said. They called back at the time the pain was mellowing out. They said they were very busy and unsure when they would get to me. I explained to them that the pain was calming down and I didn't want to waste anyone's time. She told me to see gp or out of hours if pain continued.

lemondropcake Sun 28-May-17 21:38:32

Interesting about the gallbladder. I guess they will scan that when I'm having my kidney scanned.

Le1890 Sun 28-May-17 21:43:46

Was just about to say could be gallbladder. Fx you get some answers soon x

lemondropcake Sun 28-May-17 21:50:18

Thank you. The pain was worse than childbirth. I felt so embarrassed when it calmed down and told the paramedics they were no longer required.
Once the pain had died down I was very tender it almost felt like something had ripped inside. The pain is mostly at th3 front but moves to my back as well.
Although the doctor thinks it's my kidneys I don't have any stinging when urinating or bladder infection symptoms.
I will report back when I get some answers.

silkpyjamasallday Sun 28-May-17 22:25:37

It sounds like what happened to my father, he had his gallbladder removed after collapsing at work. He must have ignored the fairly severe pain for years due to the size of the stones according to the doctors. He was very ill on a flight home from holiday one year, and realised that it was the gallstones, not just a bad stomach bug as we had suspected, we were lucky to be allowed on the plane he look so ill. But this is a man who hasn't. been to see his GP for almost 20 years.

Have you had many other symptoms? Or infrequent pains of a similar less severe nature? What's your diet like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now