Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Neck tension?

(10 Posts)
wineandsunshine Fri 26-May-17 19:13:42

I've had awful neck tension type headaches for about 6 weeks now - I can cope by taking paracetamol/anti inflammatories but they are quite frequent (prob 2/3 per week) and starting to annoy me now!

Do you think I should bother the GP or try a massage/osteo?

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 26-May-17 19:20:20

GP was useless for me. I was prescribed amitryptiline for the pain, but I didn't like the side effects. Beyond that they've washed their hands of me.

Osteopath has been OK. Pilates is brilliant.

Do you sit at a desk? How's your posture? Stress?

Titsywoo Fri 26-May-17 19:42:25

Following as I have something similar although it is on and off every day at the moment. I think it has something to do with my neck.

alwaysthepessimist Fri 26-May-17 19:44:54

Have you tried acupuncture? I suffer with neck problems and it works brilliantly

Christinayangstwistedsista Fri 26-May-17 19:50:03

I have too, keep for massages but nothing is really working

picklemepopcorn Fri 26-May-17 19:50:25

My chiropractor does manipulation and acupuncture. I left feeling like a new woman!

wineandsunshine Sat 27-May-17 09:15:28

No time at a desk - I'm self employed so it's probably not a posture thing...I do have mild scoliosis on my lower back but would that affect my neck? And stress - yes! Quite a bit ATM.

I think I will book a massage and see if that helps first.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

DeidreInaQuandry Sat 27-May-17 09:31:12

Do you clench/grind your teeth?

southchinasea Sat 27-May-17 19:43:18

Massage for short term help and pilates for the long term. May be posture linked. Pilates is great for mind and body.

Stuffofawesome Sat 27-May-17 19:45:09

Regular yoga helps mine. Yogawithadriene.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now