Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any Dentists around?, please.

(13 Posts)
PointlessUsername Fri 26-May-17 15:22:44

Hi

I am on day 3 after a tooth extraction. The tooth was broken and had an infection underneath.

The pain isnt excuricating but i feel a bit rotten and my gums look very red and have a few red bumps on them.

My dentist didnt prescribe any Antibiotics and today no Dentists are in, so i am unable to see anyone until tuesday it being the bank holiday weekend.

Does it sound like the infection is still present in my gums?.

Thank you.

MissBax Fri 26-May-17 15:26:35

Ex dental nurse here - sounds like it could be dry socket so would definitely go back and get it checked out

PointlessUsername Fri 26-May-17 17:20:06

Thanks.

I wont be able to see the dentist until tuesday now as they werent in. Will it be okay until then do you think?

PointlessUsername Fri 26-May-17 19:35:12

Self Bumping as pain has ramped up a notch.

MissBax Fri 26-May-17 20:27:34

If it is dry socket (which is sounds like) I really wouldn't leave it.

PointlessUsername Fri 26-May-17 22:11:30

Thank you for answering MissBax

I will see if i can get a Emergancy appointment somewhere tomorrow.

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 06:41:56

Hope you can OP! It can develop very quickly and you don't want to infection spreading systemically!

FanjoForTheMammaries Sat 27-May-17 06:51:17

Your dentist will have emergency cover.

Phone their answering machine and it should have a number to call for an appointment before Tuesday.

PointlessUsername Sat 27-May-17 13:44:55

Thank you all.

My dentist doesnt give a option for emergancy unfortunatley.

I rang 111 emergancy dental service and was seen hour later.. i have a infection Dentist said there was pus in my gums (boak) and a dry socket so that has been packed an feels alot better.

So thanks again for the answers, i probably would have tries suffer it until tuesday if not flowers

FanjoForTheMammaries Sat 27-May-17 13:48:37

Yes was going to say if NHS pt 111 could also help. That should help lots.. hope you feel a lot better.

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 13:51:04

Well done OP, we often see sepsis resulting from tooth extraction! Good on you getting it checked smile

PointlessUsername Sat 27-May-17 13:59:41

Thank you Fanjo

Only thanks to you MissBax

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 14:08:50

Glad I could be of service! ☺

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now