Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Neeeeed help

(8 Posts)
Lucyrow Fri 26-May-17 08:17:19

I apologise now for too much info but desperately in need of advice

So about 2 months ago I started with constantly feeling sick could eat or anything docs gave me some lansoprazole which didn't work if then started with extremely watery diarrhoea and awful abdominal pain, back to docs took me off lansoprazole cause that causes diarrhea and told me it was acid and gave me ranitidine. The ranitidine stopped the feeling sick but nothing else.

Back to docs again finally booked me in for blood test and stool sample in the process of this I had to go to an out of orders doctors because I've not been eating and still having diarrhea, again nothing could be done until bloods came back.

Bloods came back normal, stool came back normal, 2 months down the line and I've still got diarrhea, abdominal pain and swelling on my belly, I have a ultrasound on the 31st but I'm starting to get scared and annoyed of not knowing what it could be!!

Has anyone experienced this aswell and what was it or any advice would be helpful x

MissBax Fri 26-May-17 15:38:46

What does your diet consist of?

Lucyrow Sat 27-May-17 18:31:36

Basically nothing ATM.
Ive done all sorts eat more veg cut out fatty foods, didn't work. I've stopped drinking fizzy drinks that didn't help and stop eating chocolate crisps sweets etc nothing stopped it.
I even tried not having milk and wheat if it's that and nothing it's very odd

Lucyrow Mon 05-Jun-17 22:41:35

B

esk1mo Tue 06-Jun-17 01:24:38

have you tried FODMAP diet? not all fruits/veg are IBS friendly.

(thats if it turns out to be IBS)

also have you been tested for coeliac? you'd have to cut out gluten not just wheat (but not until after the blood test & biopsy)

Lucyrow Tue 06-Jun-17 16:33:31

I've tried everything, also tried a diet for gerd made it worse I've been ok for about 3 days I was fine could eat everything and again I'm back to the first stage of constantly feeling sick but not being sick my belly is so swollen and painful but not having diarrhea(yet) but I have been taking buscopan thats just bunged me up, been tested for everything all came back fine and went for a ultrasound and everything was fine there as well

SlB09 Tue 06-Jun-17 17:36:53

I had this over ten years ago, same scenario. Prescribed gaviscon which did very little! Lost a huge amount of weight.
After finally haveing gastroscopy had gatritis and gastro oesophageal reflux disease. Offered operation to tighten the sphincter (hate that word!) At the top of my stomach but opted for medication instead. Ranitadine did nothing, lanzoprazole made me sick bur omeprazole worked wonders. My gastro consultant told me that some people you just have to try a couple of options before you find something that works for that individual.

It may well not be that but a referral to gastro might be useful? My dad had same but his was helicobactor pylori, didnt show on blood test but did on breath test. He is also lactose intolerant. Best of luck x

Lucyrow Wed 07-Jun-17 16:53:22

The ranitidine was working but I don't know if it's starting to stop as I can't eat with feeling sick but it's not the feeling where I need to be sick just nausea. It feels like my belly is burning just above my belly button and it swells up. Need to really go back to doctors and get It sorted cause it's getting bad again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now