Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Regularly unwell

(11 Posts)
Sunshinegirls Wed 24-May-17 13:03:43

Just that, I get unwell a lot. Not properly ill, just a general unwellness. Symptoms usually include lethargy, headaches, muscle aches, sore throat, dizziness, nausea and no energy. This happens to me every few weeks and lasts a day or two.
I eat fairly healthily, take multivitamins. I am moderately active, I run a couple of times a week. Sleep is ok. I drink alcohol at the weekend but not to excess, usually wine with meals. I work from home, no stress with job. I am 1 and a half stone overweight.
I really don't know why this happens to me so regularly. It makes me feel a bit pathetic. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?
Thanks

RatherBeRiding Wed 24-May-17 13:05:36

Might be worth a GP appointment to get some bloods done. Has this been going on for some time, or a new thing?

Puffpaw Wed 24-May-17 13:06:08

Try eating fermented foods and take a probiotic. Gut health is strongly linked to our immune system.
Also go to gp and explain your symptoms they will probably do full bloods to rule out anything more serious.

Puffpaw Wed 24-May-17 13:07:09

Also Tracy your period, I feel unwell just before I come on every month, it's just hormones!

Puffpaw Wed 24-May-17 13:07:27

Track, not Tracy!

Mascaraandrum Wed 24-May-17 13:10:40

Hi ,u need to get a full blood count done to check if u r iron deficient as those symptoms are exactly same as mine, they come and go and i am iron deficient currently on iron tablets to sort it out ,do u get heavy periods ?x

Sunshinegirls Wed 24-May-17 13:12:10

Thanks, yes it's been happening for around a year. I've recently started the pill to sort out hormonal acne and haven't really noticed it being related to my monthly cycle but it's worth keeping a diary for sure. Good idea about the guy health. I regularly fast to try and keep my insides healthy. Maybe it's time to see a doc.

Sunshinegirls Wed 24-May-17 13:12:59

*gut

Sunshinegirls Wed 24-May-17 13:13:45

Hmmmm interesting about iron deficiency. I rarely eat meat. Periods aren't overly heavy, is say they are average

Mascaraandrum Wed 24-May-17 13:20:25

Yeah you might even just be midly deficient ,it can sometimes cause symptoms ,not in everyone though .

Sunshinegirls Wed 24-May-17 13:32:36

Thanks mascara, il look into that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now