Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Torn supraspinatus tendon

(3 Posts)
Pleasemrstweedie Tue 23-May-17 20:28:46

Anyone had one?

I was diagnosed by ultrasound in March and see consultant in the Fracture Clinic hmm on Thursday.

My arm has been virtually useless for about three months; can't drive, can't dress myself, can't even hug DH. Osteopathy has not helped at all.

Any idea what the consultant might do?

tanyadm Tue 23-May-17 20:34:43

If it is severe as it sounds, surgical rotator cuff repair. Steroid injection to help with the pain sometimes helps.

Pleasemrstweedie Thu 25-May-17 21:14:37

Well that was interesting. I had x-rays of my shoulder before I saw the consultant. He told me that I should never have had the ultrasound and that actually the tear in my tendon is incidental and what I have is simply a bog standard frozen shoulder.

He's offered me a Cortisone injection which he doesn't think will work, or keyhole surgery. I am rather surprised by all this and don't quite know what to think. I did let my osteopath know what had happened and she does not agree with his diagnosis, so I'm not yet sure where to go from here.

Is there anybody out there who is had surgery on a frozen shoulder and can tell me whether it was successful?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now