Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

infected tongue ulcers and hospital appointment on Fri

(4 Posts)
reallyshortarse Tue 23-May-17 18:24:18

will they finally treat them, been to 2 GPs and they just wanted to refer me instead of treating - been 6 weeks of not being able to eat properly, so scared of what the hospital are going to do - btw both GPs said they didn't think it was cancer so what will the hospital do?

CointreauVersial Tue 23-May-17 18:27:22

Well, it's a good thing if the GP has referred you to a specialist who might actually be able to solve the problem, or at least diagnose it.

GPs are generalists, and won't treat something if they're not sure what it is, or how to treat.

No idea what the hospital will do, but if you tell them you can't eat I'm sure they will do something for you.

reallyshortarse Tue 23-May-17 18:29:25

thank you, just want it treated so I can eat and fight the infection myself, lost 2 stone already. Thanks for answering me first time posting here

BusterGonad Sat 27-May-17 10:50:52

Maybe you have an autoimmune issue? Have you had bloods taken etc? I'm sure the specialist will sort it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: