Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

think something serious is wrong... Weird periods

(20 Posts)
YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 10:54:00

I had second child delivered by cesarean on 10th March 2016 at 3.30pm, everything went to plan as soon as i could get up i walked to toleit not noticing pool of blood following behind but nurses didn't think there was a problem, well from the 10 march 2016 - 14 April 2017 i bled constantly exept 8 days out the whole year, would get a day without bleeding every now and then but never more than one day off in one month, some days where heavy some days were lite every now and then they would look like spotting then become very heavy.

14th April 2017 they stopped no spotting nothing just gone.... then 8th may 2017 i woke up to very heavy thin dark brown bleeding which lasted three day before turning bright red for four day, then started spotting through out the day getting less and less then just before bed started getting string clear mucus sometime bloody musus. Next day stood up and felt like i had weed myself went to toleit and had very very heavy bleeding especially when standing up then today something that looked like skin/mean purple and greyish in colour looked ripped up wasn't a blood clot don't think I was sheet like long thinish never had this before... Getting very paranoid that something is wrong!

Can't get seen by gp until i have stopped bleeding... That's if i stop anytime soon

I also get

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 10:56:24

I also get severe pain in bottom right hand side of belly next to hip, which is sore to touch and is worse if lying flat on back. It's comes and goes every now and then

And accaisonally shooting pain on groin right hand side???

SasBel Tue 23-May-17 10:59:40

Actually I would go to A&E, that sounds like a horrendous amount of blood loss and is definitely not normal!

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 11:17:38

it just gets passed off as hormone changes due to contraceptive implant, and can't do anything till bleeding has stopped

Rockefeller234 Tue 23-May-17 11:26:29

Bleeding non stop post child birth over a year is not normal. Please go to the doctors or A and E

mistermagpie Tue 23-May-17 11:30:53

Go to your GP and insist on a gynaecologist referral. It's nonsense that your GP can't see you until you have stopped bleeding, if they have told you that then call back and insist on an appointment. I have seen my GP many times for irregular bleeding and was never told I had to wait for it to stop.

What you describe is not normal. The closest thing to your symptoms that I know of is a friend who has large fibroids. Not sure if this would have been picked up during your pregnancy though?

millymae Tue 23-May-17 11:36:33

You are far more patient than me OP. I would be ignoring what you have been told about waiting for the bleeding to stop and be making an appointment to see the doctor now. No doctor will be bothered by the fact that you may be bleeding when you get there.
Do not be fobbed off. I am not a doctor but cannot believe that it is normal to bleed so much and for so long, and it surely cannot be normal for a contraceptive implant to cause so much bleeding. If it is the implant, then in today's modern world there has to be a better contraceptive for you.

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 11:46:54

i have just phoned them back and have been given an appointment for 2 days time.

my first implant i had regular periods, and when i had it removed went back to normal very quick.

I have lump just below the start of my sections scar if that's connected maybe?, It's just getting to the point i can't do things with my kids that i should be able to do

MissBax Tue 23-May-17 14:39:00

Why don't you believe it's the implant? It's notorious for constant bleeding. I'm surprised you've left it this long, I'd have had it taken out months ago.
Get it taken out and see how it goes.

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 14:53:40

because every other implant i have had didn't effect my periods in this way, i have an appointment to get it out next week and getting the pill instead

MissBax Tue 23-May-17 14:57:40

Our hormones change all the time and following your last pregnancy would have certainly changed again. Would you nor consider the Cooper IUD? It worries me that we pump hormones into our bodies when there are so many detrimental side effects!

Leatherboundanddown Tue 23-May-17 15:03:10

I would go to hospital. Do you still have the tissue you passed? It could be a decidual cast.

The heavy bleeding isnot normal though.

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 15:22:31

i have had one IUD before but it irritated me could feel like I could feel it all the time, I have just looked at pictures of the decidual cast but can't find one that looked anything like the one i had, i flushed it started freaking me out

MissBax Tue 23-May-17 15:25:29

And is there no way you could use another non hormonal form of contraceptive? Obviously it's up to you, but I would advise a break from hormones to let your body recuperate for a while and rebalance itself

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 15:37:53

i don't really know of any other non hormonal things, i will ask doctors if theres anything else, it's just the watery brown blood i was getting then the thing that look like skin that is worrying me the most because nothing like that has ever happened before, i have had blood clots before but the didn't look anything like this one was

SasBel Tue 23-May-17 16:26:13

Condoms work well.....

YoungMummy95 Tue 23-May-17 16:53:18

Every time i have ever used one i have came out in little blister looking things, and get really sore and red or i would use them

picklemepopcorn Tue 23-May-17 17:06:40

Sounds like a latex allergy. There are different materials...

MissBax Tue 23-May-17 17:50:12

Yeah there are different materials if you're allergic.

SasBel Tue 23-May-17 20:39:36

This site exists?!!!! Live and learn grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now