Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Do you take starflower oil and agnus castus? Advice appreciated.

(3 Posts)
Justmuddlingalong Sun 21-May-17 20:34:04

I'm just about at the end of my tether here. Some months, not all, I suffer from terrible premenstrual rage. This is one of those months. I can feel the anger and frustration bubbling just under the surface and I know that within a few days I will erupt. sad I've just ordered starflower oil 1000mg capsules and agnus castus 400mg capsules in the hope that in a few months I will feel better. Do you take them? Can you please advise me on the doses I should be taking and tell me how long it takes to notice a difference. Many thanks in advance.

MajorClanger123 Sun 21-May-17 20:39:08

I take starflower oil for breast pain, same strength as you have purchase, I take 3 capsules per day. Keeps the breast pain at bay. Took about 6 weeks continuous dosing for the effects to build up. I have also bought some agnus cactus to start taking for premenstrual symptoms, but not yet started taking it so interested to see what others recommend.

MaisieDotes Sun 21-May-17 20:43:41

I've just started agnus castus. I'm only about a week in though, so not much help to you.

I'm on the 400mg capsules, and I'm taking one twice daily as that's what it recommends.

I did try to research what the different dosages are and wth is the difference between "dried fruit extract" and "dried fruit" etc but to no avail. So in the end I just bought ones that are popular on Amazon and take them as recommended.

I'm not taking starflower oil though. Must get some. Is it omega-3?

I too become husband homicidal before af. And since my cycle is 22 days it's quite a frequent issue blushsad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: