Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any Environmental health people about?

(10 Posts)
gillybeanz Sun 21-May-17 19:24:45

Can a doctor report a case to Environmental Health?
I know the person made ill can, but they are afraid that the management would find a way to get rid of them as they know it would be them.
I thought if a doctor did it then it could have been any number of employees who reported.

It's a min wage where employees are just a number, they don't care and are putting peoples health at risk.
I can't say anymore but will gladly pm if anyone can help.

There are no members of public/ visitors or customers that could be affected, just the staff.
Nobody else will come forward even though it's a huge problem, management have tried to alleviate the problem but it's years old and whatever they are doing isn't working.

loveyoutothemoon Sun 21-May-17 21:33:27

Are you talking food poisoning? I should imagine so, considering there's evidence in a sample or something sent off for analysis.

Your post is vague. Am I assuming right?

BikeRunSki Sun 21-May-17 21:37:19

There are a number of notifiabke diseases and organisms that doctors must report to Public Health officials in the U.K.

notifiable diseases

BrexitSucks Mon 22-May-17 08:21:29

i imagine there's a privacy problem if a doctor reported something without patient's permission... unless it's a notifiable disease.

gillybeanz Mon 22-May-17 11:40:30

It's not on the list of diseases, it's not really a disease.
No it's not food related.
I suppose I'll just have to suck it up.
Their solution was to move me to another building, which I didn't want to do, because they said they never had any complaints from that building.

I nearly said what about the next poor bugger who works in my area and it's widespread across the room anyway.
There are approx 60 of us in the room.

I suppose if I complain anymore they will say that they've offered a solution and made reasonable adjustments by offering to move me.

BrexitSucks Mon 22-May-17 20:55:40

Is it chemical or radiological exposure, would occupational safety type regulators be interested? Or your union?

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 22-May-17 21:01:43

You can make anonymous reports to HSE and most EH departments throughout online reporting.

What are you being exposed to?

LeninaCrowne Mon 22-May-17 21:26:39

Is the problem covered by any health and safety legislation - you can look up Statutory Instruments online to find out.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 22-May-17 21:30:50

Have a look on for easier reading of topic areas for H&S law.

PseudoBadger Mon 22-May-17 21:31:57

Pm me

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: