We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my docs said i dont have a water infection but it feels like i have....

(10 Posts)
biglips Fri 19-May-17 22:02:27

I've has water infections all my life. So I know the signs but gone worse since I've had my 3rd child nearly 5 yrs ago. Last year, I went to hospital for a ultra sound scan, nothing there but they gave me low dosage of antibiotics for a year to shift a stubborn infection. 6 mths later, it not improving at all.

I gave my docs a wee sample which it sent off to the lab but came back clear.

My wee is burning 9/10. I drink alot of juice, I'm on and off the loo too much, wee is dark, cloudy, strong & stinky. I'm so tired and I go to the loo bout 4 times thru the night but not every night but I'm still tired.

There was a weird time when I was arguing with my teenager dd and suddenly a burning feel came on in my bladder area and i had burning wee straight away.

I'm so fed up!!

Comps83 Sat 20-May-17 07:32:10

Hmmmm just keep pushing at them for answers
I had a UTI in Feb and I still don't feel right
I had 3 lots of anti biotics but all my tests said no infection even though I was peeing lots of blood
I feel ok now as long as I drink plenty of water but if I don't it feels like it's coming back.

eurochick Sat 20-May-17 07:56:47

The juice probably isn't helping. Can you stick to water?

biglips Sat 20-May-17 08:49:21

Comp...im glad you're ok now as its horrible isn't it.
I've lost count.how many antibiotics I've had for the past 5 yrs and none of them seem to work. When I was carrying my youngest, I had water infections then that I didn't know I,had it. Then when it all started to kick off and I was told by the ultra sound person the more kids you have, the worse the water infections.....i even had my kidneys checked out. All clear.

Euro...i do drink water but dont really like it but mainly juice with a small amount of it as don't.like it strong.

MissBax Sat 20-May-17 08:50:17

Make sure the sample you give is first thing in the morning, before you've drank alot. I had one recently but urine came back clear. I put it down to my urine being so diluted as I was drinking SO much water to flush it.

biglips Sat 20-May-17 09:33:46

Yes that's true as wee first thing in the morning. I gave mine at 5pm and it was so cloudy and dark wee colour. I was surprised that came back clear

OMGIwonacar Sat 20-May-17 09:36:05

What juice are you drinking?

Comps83 Sat 20-May-17 10:05:36

I've put samples in which were blatantly pink from blood and they still came back normal

hairymuffet Sat 20-May-17 10:10:34

Interstitial cystitis ??

WhisperingLoudly Sat 20-May-17 10:19:07

How much water are you drinking each day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now