Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fingers tingling

(5 Posts)
WhiskyChick Fri 19-May-17 20:25:35

So I'm trying really hard not to Google, because I know as soon as I do I'll get all kinds of horrible diagnoses.

For about a week I've noticed I have mild pins and needles in my middle finger of my right hand. Also slightly in other on that hand. The first day I thought I'd just slept funny but it's been ongoing.

Do I need to go to the gp?

biglips Fri 19-May-17 21:45:29

Yes, possibly carpal tunnel syndrome.

reawakeningambition Sat 20-May-17 17:13:13

Yes.

I had this only it was the outside edge of both hands.
It was to do with posture and a mechanical problem around my neck (that's why the symptoms were on both sides).

Tartyflette Sat 20-May-17 17:22:27

Yes, I have it too, my GP gave me a leaflet about it that she printed off from the net, the next stage may be a steroid injection.
I have it in both hands, numbness and tingling in the index, middle and ring fingers mostly, it's worst when I grip something (like the steering wheel) when my hands can get quite numb. I keep meaning to get some wrist splints from the chemist which you're supposed to wear at night but TBH I don't really like the idea. (They keep your wrists and hands in a straight line, I believe) .
Mine tends to come and go a bit but it is getting worse. See your GP and set your mind at rest, they may have some strategies for you.

WhiskyChick Sun 21-May-17 08:52:08

Thanks all, will try to get an appointment soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now