Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

All over tingling / itching but no rash??

(8 Posts)
Rainsbow Fri 19-May-17 19:04:23

I get it from time to time comes and goes usually mainly on my face but it's everywhere and driving me insane. Even inside my ears! I have health anxiety so I've self-diagnosed an encyclopaedia of possible illnesses so I'd appreciate a more rational view...

delilahbucket Fri 19-May-17 19:11:25

I get it around ovulation. Drives me insane but only lasts 1-2 days. Could it be hormonal for you?

TheoriginalLEM Fri 19-May-17 19:14:43

it could actually be anxiety - i used to get this alot. Its a rush of adrenalin and then it takesa. while to go off

I was convinced i had some awful disease. Once it was ruled out it went. Then i went on to worry about something else. hmm

Rainsbow Fri 19-May-17 19:14:59

Possibly, only one month off the pillhmm

Rainsbow Fri 19-May-17 19:16:30

LEM oh god you're me! If I'm not worrying about this, I'm obsessing over a headache, a tummy ache, chest tightness. I'm trapped in a cycle of constant moving worry.

TheoriginalLEM Fri 19-May-17 19:25:49

Yep and its shit. It all came to a head when i presented myself at the health centre hysterical because I thought my tonsils were tumours. I was put onto anti anxiety meds and had counselling whiched helped a lot.

I am not on meds now (after 10 years) . I still have anxiety but I can control ot instead of it controlling me.

Might be worth a vhat with your gp

Rainsbow Fri 19-May-17 19:32:03

I've had anxiety for three years, I can't take meds for varying reasons. I go through peaks and troughs of all these things, I feel ok for a while then a symptom comes back and frightens the hell out of me

TheoriginalLEM Fri 19-May-17 21:53:23

I do know what you meanabout peaks and troughs. After visiting a number of therapists a very harsh cbt counsellor was what i needed. It might work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now