Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tiny lump near collar bone - any medical professionals about?

(8 Posts)
Mintygreen Fri 19-May-17 13:58:54

I noticed a tiny movable lump near my left collar bone. It's about 3mm, painless and extremely movable. I can't feel it in certain position. If I look up, left or right I can't feel it. It's soft and doesn't seem to be attached to the collar bone. Does this make it less worrying? Not sure if it's related or not, the lump is next to an itchy and red patch on my neck which I think could be eczema or fungal.

I've had a FBC last month before an operation. I also had a MRI head scan two months ago. MRI clear and I assume the blood results were normal since my consultant did not mention anything about it. The MRI was a head scan but would it extend to the neck area too?

Only noticed the lump yesterday but if it was here earlier, would it show something up in the blood test and MRI?

Reassurance is needed before I turn to Dr Google. Thanks.

Ellapaella Fri 19-May-17 14:07:56

It could be a lymph nose raised in response to the spot/eczema and if it's soft and moveable it likely is, but I would see your GP and get it checked out. Why did you have an MRI?

Ellapaella Fri 19-May-17 14:09:07

Go to your GP for reassurance, the last thing Dr Google will give you is reassurance, you will worry yourself sick all weekend! Wait until Monday and see your Gp x

Mintygreen Fri 19-May-17 14:12:53

The MRI was to check a tumour on my parotid gland. I have a follow up appt with my consultant (another issue unrelated to this lump) in two weeks time so I'm going to show him instead of seeing my GP.

NewStateswoman Fri 19-May-17 14:13:20

I have exactly this; it's a lymph node I've been able to feel ever since I had glandular fever 20 years ago. I play with it sometimes when I'm thinking!

Mintygreen Sat 20-May-17 15:17:53

NewStatesWoman, where is your lump? Is it near the collar bone too? Did you have any tests to confirm that it is a lymph node?

NewStateswoman Sun 21-May-17 18:44:59

Yes it sits right on my collar bone, but moves about easily under my fingers.

A GP had a feel years ago but said because it was mobile and didn't 'feel' like anything sinister it was likely just a raised lymph node.

That was 21 years ago so I'll assume it's not life-threatening. grin

Mintygreen Sun 21-May-17 19:24:52

Thanks, Newstateswoman, hope mine is just a lymph node too as it moves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now