Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Loss of sense of smell and taste

(3 Posts)
Clare2729 Fri 19-May-17 13:50:16

Hi, for the past week I have completely lost my sense of smell and taste. I have had a slight cold but nothing too bad but like all of us must have had 100's colds over the years and never experienced anything like this. I literally can't taste or smell anything and its starting to get me down a little bit. Has anybody else ever had this and knows what it is? did it get better? thanks in advance for any help.

MissCalamity Fri 19-May-17 18:13:33

I had this in March, started with a tickly cough, sore throat, cold & terrible sinus pain for a week. Once the sinus pain went I lost my smell & taste for about 2 weeks! shock
Slowly day after day after the 2 weeks it started coming back, but I was googling "no smell or taste" for a while didn't loose any weight though
Would it be worth a trip to the docs if it doesn't come back in a weeks time?

Clare2729 Sat 20-May-17 17:58:46

Thanks, yeah I'm seeing the gp next week anyway so will mention it to him if it's not back before then x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now