Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Overactive thyroid, help

(6 Posts)
unavita Fri 19-May-17 10:30:39

Was quite well controlled for a while but keeps coming back, they tried to irradiate it but that failed (am on a medication which does weird things to thyroids) endo not keen on long term carbimazole so will probably have to face up to surgery eventually blah blah. But treatment aside what can I do to feel better in the meantime? The degree of overactivity is pretty mild compared to at first but have been feeling DISGUSTING. So tired I'm practically dead half the time, and just mentally awful. Really grumpy, head full of fog. Almost impossible to rouse myself to do or feel anything. Just wondering if there are any dietary or lifestyle type things I could try?

unavita Mon 22-May-17 08:36:43

Bumping as much for some 'poor you that sounds terrible' as for any ideas about how to feel better.

Lottielottie42 Wed 24-May-17 18:48:21

Have you had a recent blood test? I felt more like this when underactive. Felt full of energy when overactive

unavita Wed 24-May-17 19:19:30

Yeah, 2 weeks? 3 weeks ago? It's 6 weekly at the moment. Am really anxious about it ever going underactive 😕

Lottielottie42 Wed 24-May-17 21:02:37

Mines been over and under felt really energetic and scatty over and lethargic and miserable under!

unavita Wed 24-May-17 21:21:26

I think when mine first begins to creep up it's quite performance enhancing, my mood goes up too but then at some point it becomes hellish 😠

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now