Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bowel movements sorry

(11 Posts)
Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 09:18:58

sorry again: my bowel habits have always been random, all ok, but random days, random times......for ever.........about 3 months ago all
of a sudden that changed to being every day, and no word of a lie at the same time, around 7am. After a few weeks it really began to freak
me out so i went to amy doctor and she is really not concerned at all but i thought we always have to report changes in bowel habit and to me that was a big change. But they don't seem
to think it is an issue. i have had stomach ache and a bit looser sometimes lately but of course could be the sertraline, but no change to time! Has anyone else had this happen, is it an age thing maybe! i want to put it out my mind and struggling. I am sure it's fine but even the doctor said was odd but still not worried. i don't want tests but should
i push for one or just accept what they say? recent bloods ok xx thank
u ladies as always xx

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Fri 19-May-17 09:22:59

You are not alone !!!!! Exactly same thing happened to me, and also on Sertraline ! It is definitely one of the side effects, but my doc has pushed for tests. My 'habits' changed over 6 weeks ago, so depending on how long yours have been 'different', push for tests

charliebear78 Fri 19-May-17 09:28:52

I think if you were going several times a day and it was looser this would be more of a worry.
I understand your concerns because I am going through something similar myself(worried I have something serious-I have had lots of tests so far but still waiting for one)
I think the worry makes everything worse and so if it is troubling you then you should request certain tests.
I do tend to go most days in the morning.

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:27:12

it was happening way before tablets , 3 months now ,

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:27:49

what have your doctors
said, are they worried about it, could it be a symptom?

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:28:17

have shy of
you had any other symptoms?

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:28:35

sorry i meant have any of u had any other symptoms?

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:33:30

now
i feel scared

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Fri 19-May-17 10:47:11

Don't feel scared. I know its easier said than done though. If its been going on for 3 months, I would definitely push your doctor for tests. See another doctor if the first one seems unconcerned.

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:49:57

i did ask another one at the surgery and again he wasn't concerned. Why is your doctor sending u for tests. did they say it can be a symptom, can u pls tell
me as due to spk to my doc this morning on the phone x

Nat99 Fri 19-May-17 10:50:32

did yours happen all
of a sudden too? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now