Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Burn from steam

(11 Posts)
Jupitertomars Thu 18-May-17 21:52:48

I burnt my fingers from steam 4 hours ago. Ive had them in cold water since and everytime I take them out its agony.

Any tips to help

mineofuselessinformation Thu 18-May-17 21:55:08

Are they blistered? You need to think about whether or not you need medical help.

PurpleDaisies Thu 18-May-17 21:58:36

Often burns to hands need looking at. Blisters? If so how big?

Have you taken pain killers?

Jupitertomars Thu 18-May-17 21:59:11

Not noticeably no, maybe one blister but as my fingers have been in water for so long its hard to tell.

The burn area is red and swollen and im struggling to move the fingers.

Jupitertomars Thu 18-May-17 21:59:16

Not noticeably no, maybe one blister but as my fingers have been in water for so long its hard to tell.

The burn area is red and swollen and im struggling to move the fingers.

Gingerbreadmam Thu 18-May-17 21:59:17

i did this. honey helped but keeping them in water was what hurt the keast. you have my sympathies. made me feel sick.

Pinkkahori Thu 18-May-17 22:01:04

Take ibuprofen if you have it. Also there are special burn gels you can get that are very effective but it is late and don't know if they are pharmacy only,

PurpleDaisies Thu 18-May-17 22:01:36

Don't put honey on burns.

Cold running water is what you need but if you're struggling to move you fingers and they're very swollen I think you need them looking at.

Pinkkahori Thu 18-May-17 22:03:27

Agree it might be best to get checked out.

Jupitertomars Thu 18-May-17 22:17:23

Thanks all. I can't get it checked tonight due to no childcare so ive wrapped it in a cold damp cloth then wrapped cling film around it and its proving the same relief as the cold water bowl so hopefully itll allow me to get to sleep.

Jupitertomars Thu 18-May-17 22:17:23

Thanks all. I can't get it checked tonight due to no childcare so ive wrapped it in a cold damp cloth then wrapped cling film around it and its proving the same relief as the cold water bowl so hopefully itll allow me to get to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now