Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please talk to me about gallbladders

(4 Posts)
Decisionista Wed 17-May-17 18:12:15

Since DS2 was born been getting attacks of nausea, occasional vomiting, loose stools, mild pain and back pain. Every two weeks. Thought I had noro over and over again but no one ever gets it.

Have a family history of gallbladder problems, but never have the severe pain that people report.

Is the pain definitely really bad?

MrsRonBurgundy Wed 17-May-17 18:19:11

When I had gallbladder problems to pain was incredible. It made me instantly sweat and on one occasion I passed out. It really was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.

However, my problems were undiagnosed for a long time and my gallbladder had become enlarged and infected so that might skew things slightly?

I would imagine that there are varying degrees of pain as for everything though! Worth seeing a dr rather than ruling it out if you don't think it's painful enough.

Good luck !

NavyandWhite Wed 17-May-17 18:50:41

It doesn't sound like gallbladder problems to me tbh - IBS?

I had gallstones the other year and the pain wasn't the sharp intense pain people report but it was pretty excruciating. It was like a I'd been punched in my solar plexus. All the time. Like the worst indigestion. I had to keep bending over to help it ease.

People have said their gallbladder pain was worse than childbirth!

Aquamarine1029 Wed 17-May-17 20:40:38

Your pain sounds exactly like gallbladder pain and I should know because I had to have mine removed last December. The pain does NOT have to be excruciating, but it can be. I didn't have a single stone, rather my gallbladder was down to 5% function so it basically wasn't working at all. For over a year I had near constant nausea, back pain, loose stools, etc. Every couple of weeks I would have to vomit out of the blue. I would also get occasional very sharp pains that would stop me in my tracks. Once I had it removed, all of my symptoms were immediately gone. It's like I'm a new person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now