Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ulcers "down there"

(1 Post)
FlamingoFlower Tue 16-May-17 12:59:03

I've been having major pain in my fanjo for about 8 months now - started off as a UTI, then they found my hormones were out of whack which they thought was causing the pain but hormones were corrected and I stil had pain.

I've seen several gynaecologists and a GUM clinic who couldn't understand where my pain was coming from, I told them I noticed several sores/ulcers just inside the opening but they insisted they couldn't see anything.

I then went back to my GP who said she could indeed see these ulcers and that she thinks its herpes!

She took a swab which came back negative and put me on aclomivar (SP?) and said if pain and ulcers go away then yep its herpes.

Well pain and ulcers haven't gone and I cant get back to see her for 2 weeks so what else could it be??

I've been on stacks of antibiotics over the past 6 months as they thought my pain was a stubborn UTI which I initially had.

I googled herpes but from what I can make out these ulcers start off as blisters, then turn to ulcers and then form scabs but either way it should have gone away in 6 months time or at least had some relief from it and I've not had blisters or scabs just ulcers...

Anyone had anything similar??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now